Here are the different ways you can add friends in Tango:
- Use your device's address book
- Search by profile name, email, or phone number
- Scan Tango Code
- Send a chat request
Using device address book:
Make sure your friend's registered phone number or email address is saved in your device's address book. Saved phone numbers should be in the following format:
+(Country code)(Area code)(Phone number)
Once saved, launch Tango and your friend will automatically appear in your Tango Friends list.
Searching by profile name, email, or phone number:
- Launch Tango and tap on the Chat tab
- Tap on New Chat or Call
- Tap on Add Friends
- Type in a profile name, email, or phone number in the Search field
- Tap on your friend's name and send a chat message to say Hello!
You can also search directly by using the Magnifying glass icon located at the top within the Chat, Call, and Fun tabs.
Scan a Tango code:
- Go to your profile page
- Tap on the Code icon to the right of your profile photo
- Tap on Scanner
- Point your camera and scan your friend's Tango code
- Send a chat message to say Hello!
Send a chat request:
When viewing another Tango user's profile page, you can send them a chat message and they will receive a chat request. Once they accept, they will be added to your Tango Friends list.